A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secure way to connect your computer to BridgeValley's internal network resources while you are off campus. All employees have access to connect to the VPN by using the Cisco AnyConnect Client. This will allow employees to connect to file servers and other network resources that are not available on the public Internet. When you are on campus you are automatically connected the network. The VPN is only for access to the network when you aren't on campus. There is no need to be connected to nor will you receive any notifications to connect to the VPN while on campus.
- Faculty/Staff with BridgeValley issued laptop: Check if Cisco AnyConnect is installed on the laptop, if not contact the IT Department. Look under the Start Menu>All Programs>Cisco>Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client>Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- If Cisco AnyConnct is already installed, go to step 3 of the installation guide below.
- Faculty/Staff using a personal device, download the software using the link below and follow the installation guide.
Cisco AnyConnect Downloads:
Please use your BridgeValley SharePoint credentials to download the file(s) below.
VPN Address: vpn.bridgevalley.edu
Username and Password: It will be the same as your BridgeValley domain login.
Windows Installation Guide:
- Start the install and hit “Next”, then check the “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” then “Next” again followed by “Install”
After the install click “Finish”.
Look under the Start Menu>All Programs>Cisco>Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client>Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and a little box will pop up that looks like this.
You will need to put in vpn.bridgevalley.edu in the field.
You just need to put your username and password in and click “Ok”. You should now be connected to the VPN.
- If you experience any issues, please email the IT Department at email@example.com.