Set up a Brother Printer on a wireless network:
- Press Menu.
- Press or to select the [Network] option, and then press OK.
- Press or to select the [WLAN] option, and then press OK.
- Press or to select the [Setup Wizard] option, and then press OK.
- When [WLAN Enable?] appears, enable the wireless network.
This will start the wireless setup wizard.
- The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs. When a list of SSIDs appears, press or to select the SSID you want.
- Press OK.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are using an authentication and encryption method that requires a Network Key, enter the Network Key you wrote down in the first step.
Enter the WEP key, and then press OK to apply your settings.
To apply the settings, select [Yes]. To cancel, select [No].
- If your authentication method is Open System and your encryption mode is None, go to the next step.
- If your WLAN access point/router supports WPS, [WPS is available] appears. To connect your machine using the automatic wireless mode, press . (If you choose [No], enter the Network Key you wrote down in the first step.) When [Press WPS on rtr] appears, press the WPS button on your WLAN access point/router, and then press twice.
- The machine attempts to connect to the wireless device you have selected.
- If your Brother machine connected successfully
The machine's LCD displays Connected.
- If the connection failed
The machine will print a wireless connection report. Check the error code on the printed report.