Unfortunately, the information is probably lost permanently. You'll need to recreate it. If you experience problems during a test and can't continue, contact your instructor immediately. Blackboard doesn't have access to your school's Blackboard Learn site and can't help you with these issues.
You might lose information if any of these situations occur:
- The internet connection dropped.
- The browser was refreshed.
- Your browser timed out due to inactivity. Blackboard has a security setting that logs you out if it doesn't receive any input for a period of time.
These tips can help you avoid this issue in the future:
- Use a wired connection, if possible, when you take a test. Some wireless internet connections are less reliable.
- Don't refresh the browser page.
- Don't close the browser window.
- Don't use the browser's back button.
- If possible, write out the text in an external application and then paste it into Blackboard Learn. Working offline first ensures that your work won't be lost while you work on it in Blackboard.
- If you're working in assignments, save frequently to avoid browser timeout issues.