If you are experiencing an issue on your Macbook where you are signed in with your BridgeValley account but unable to edit files, you may be experiencing a licensing issue. What is happening is that your Mac is still referencing an older Microsoft Office license that is no longer active. This could be caused by having been signed in with an older school, work, or personal account in the past.
The solution to this issue is fairly simple but will require some thoroughness. In order to completely remove the old license, there are a couple of things that must be completed first. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Finder > Applications.
2. Command + click to select all of the Office for Mac applications.
3. Ctrl+click an application you selected and click Move to Trash.
1. In Finder, press+ Shift + g.
2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library and then click Go.
3. Open the Containers folder and ctrl + click each of these folders and Move to Trash. Note that some of these folders may not be present.
4. Click the back arrow to go back to the Library folder and open Group Containers. Ctrl + click each of these folders if present, and Move to Trash.
!!!!After completing all of the above steps, please make sure to double check that you deleted every Office application from Applications and have deleted all files and folders (that were present) from ~/Library!!!!
5. For the final step, please download this license removal tool found on this site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-remove-office-license-files-on-a-mac-b032c0f6-a431-4dad-83a9-6b727c03b193. After that has been downloaded, follow the instructions on screen to run the tool.
6. After the tool has been ran, the old license should now be removed from your Mac. Please visit portal.office.com and sign in with your BridgeValley account to download Office 365 again. After Office 365 products have been reinstalled, please sign into one of them (e.g. Word, Excel) with your BridgeValley account.
You should now be able to edit Word documents and create Excel spreadsheets without issue. However, if you are still encountering the same issue, please respond to this ticket for more assistance on the matter.